Our Mission Statement
“To provide safe, clean, and affordable public transportation to the community in the most effective and cost efficient manner”.
Which service is best for you?
- B.C. Transit Fixed Route
- B.C. Lift
- B.C. Country
- Office For Aging Mini-Bus
Should you have a general question, suggestion, complaint or concern about the Broome County Department of Public Transportation, we want to hear about them. Please contact us or fill out our Customer Service Form
TITLE VI POLICY
The Broome County Department of Public Transportation is committed to
ensuring that no person on the basis of race color, or national origin, will
be subjected to discrimination... See more information on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Table of Contents
- Executive Statement and Description of Services
- Fixed Route Passenger Policies
- Fixed Route ADA Policies
- Fixed Route Accident and Emergency Procedures
- Fixed Route Health Incident Procedures
- Fixed Route Facility Access Security
- Paratransit Passenger Policies
- Paratransit ADA Polcies
- Paratranst Accident and Emergency Procedures
- Paratransit Health Incident Procedures
- Paratransit Facility Access Security
B.C. Transit's caveman logo is named Thor. Thor is one of the characters featured in the comic strip B.C. He is credited with inventing the wheel. Thor was drawn by nationally syndicated cartoonist, one of Broome County's own, the great Johnny Hart.
History of Mass Transit in Broome County
Mass transit in Broome County officially began in 1868...
Learn more ...
The days that we do not offer service are:
- New Years Day,
- Memorial Day,
- Fourth of July,
- Labor Day,
- Thanksgiving Day,
- Christmas Day.
Other Items of Interest
- Contact Information
- Guidelines and Rules
- Winter Traveling
- Real Time Transportation Status
- Broome County Dedicates Broome Transportation Center>>>
- See pictures of the Greater Binghamton Transportation Center Slideshow(high speed)>>>
- See pictures of the Greater Binghamton Transportation Center Gallery(dial up)>>>
- BC Rural Paratransit Analysis Report - Final (pdf, 7,023kb) with all maps and figures
- BC Rural Paratransit Analysis Report - Final (pdf, 392kb) without maps and figures
- BC Rural Paratransit Analysis Report Appendices - Final (pdf, 78kb)
- TRANSPORTATION TOMORROW:2025 Performance Review (pdf, 66kb)
- Binghamton Regional Job Access Transportation Plan Service Evaluation (pdf, 201kb)